You must be logged in to reply.

Page 1 of 2 out of 12 messages.

Project - BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor

8 likes
Posted 2mth ago
by charlieHustle | Senior | 3,311 exp
Posted 2mth ago
I just posted BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.
Reply #1 — Posted 15d ago
by rockybooth | Senior | 3,174 exp
Reply #1 — Posted 15d ago
@charlieHustle:
That code looks great. Thanks for posting it.
Before getting the Bosch sensor and testing it, can you relate your experiences with its stability?
I am particularly interested in the heading vector stability if the board is static. In some other systems I have tried, the heading will drift many degrees while static, particularly if there is any change in temperature.
Rockybooth
2 likes
Reply #2 — Posted 14d ago
Reply #2 — Posted 14d ago
I'm using the sensor for my autonomous rc car. So far the heading seems very stable. It doesn't move at all when the car is still. I'm only calculating heading to within a degree. The sensor is mounted on a vibration damper. I have not used it in any temperature extremes.
Reply #3 — Posted 14d ago
Reply #3 — Posted 14d ago
@CharlieHustle - Thanks for the info. I will check it out!
Reply #4 — Posted 14d ago
by mtylerjr | King | 23,996 exp
Reply #4 — Posted 14d ago
by mtylerjr | King | 23,996 exp
charlieHustle says:
I'm using the sensor for my autonomous rc car. So far the heading seems very stable. It doesn't move at all when the car is still. I'm only calculating heading to within a degree. The sensor is mounted on a vibration damper. I have not used it in any temperature extremes.

Do you have a blog or other place where you have photos/videos of your autonomous car?
Reply #5 — Posted 13d ago
by ianlee74 | Superhuman | 124,860 exp
Reply #5 — Posted 13d ago
mtylerjr says:
Do you have a blog or other place where you have photos/videos of your autonomous car?

+1. I just looked into this sensor and think it may be a great addition to my robot.
1 like
Reply #6 — Posted 13d ago
by mcalsyn | Legend | 47,209 exp
Reply #6 — Posted 13d ago
by mcalsyn | Legend | 47,209 exp
$35 each is just over the parts-drawer-filler line and into the because-I-need-one zone.
1 like
Reply #7 — Posted 13d ago
by munderhill | Hero | 15,380 exp
Reply #7 — Posted 13d ago
by munderhill | Hero | 15,380 exp
mcalsyn says:
$35 each is just over the parts-drawer-filler line and into the because-I-need-one zone.

@mcalsyn - Yeah, but only ~$10 @ mouser, so look for one on a IoT Labs Earth daughter board. I am sure that @justin will add one to your offerings.
Posted 13d ago
Posted 13d ago
Post has been deleted.
1 like
Reply #9 — Posted 13d ago
Reply #9 — Posted 13d ago
mcalsyn says:

Considering I paid over double that for a similar device (CK Mongoose) back in 2011, I'd say its a great price! But definitely not something you buy just to throw in the parts bin. It's amazing how they've basically taken that entire device and crammed it into a single chip. And added steroids!

Page 1 of 2 out of 12 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.