You must be logged in to reply.

Page 9 of 10 out of 96 messages.

Introducing TinyCLR OS: a new path for our NETMF devices

2 likes
Reply #80 — Posted 2mth ago
by cyberh0me | Superhuman | 109,838 exp
Reply #80 — Posted 2mth ago
by cyberh0me | Superhuman | 109,838 exp
@Gene - i don't think we need to discuss Arduino's success and as we can see on the broad user range its easy and simple enough for much more users than netmf
netmf has its user range small but pretty
may be TinyCLR will bring "netmf" to the next level and we see a worldwide success story, hope dies last
Reply #81 — Posted 2mth ago
by godefroi | Legend | 43,051 exp
Reply #81 — Posted 2mth ago
by godefroi | Legend | 43,051 exp
@Mr. John Smith - I know exactly what the goals of NETMF are, and I know that performance wasn't one of them. You don't design an interpreted system with a goal of hardware efficiency.
5 likes
Reply #82 — Posted 2mth ago
by Simon from Vilnius | King | 26,248 exp
Reply #82 — Posted 2mth ago
by Simon from Vilnius | King | 26,248 exp
Just bring RLP back and everyone will be happy (except godefroi and me, of course). I, for example, remade CAN, Serial and AES on G400 myself, from scratch, using RLP. I was swearing like a peasant, and even though I really hate GHI for having to reimplement — often in a great hurry — stuff that I was supposed to be buying of the shelf, I still respect them... due to the same fact that they actually left a way to fix it. So, all in all, NETMF is still a win, despite my experience that G400 requires lots of patching for industrial/medical usage.

So, from my perspective, shall anyone care, it's very simple: no RLP, no business. Other than that, TinyCLR looks very promising, simply because that's finally a move forward.
1 like
Reply #83 — Posted 2mth ago
by Dave McLaughlin | Legend | 55,141 exp
Reply #83 — Posted 2mth ago
by Dave McLaughlin | Legend | 55,141 exp
@Simon from Vilnius - welcome back, sort of. Been a while since we saw you on the forum. Smiley

I am still using your touch driver for my Newhaven displays. Apart from the lack of gesture detection, it has worked faultlessly for well over a year now on a couple of devices out in a Texas oilfield. Smiley
1 like
Reply #84 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gene | Master | 5,936 exp
Reply #84 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gene | Master | 5,936 exp
Simon from Vilnius says:

I, for example, remade CAN, Serial and AES on G400 myself, from scratch, using RLP.

@Simon from Vilnius - Since I'm stuck using many serial ports to talk to the old school instrumentation we're stuck with in the oceanography world, I'd be interested in anything you care to share about how you rewrote the G400 serial stuff.

Cheers
Reply #85 — Posted 2mth ago
by mtylerjr | King | 23,906 exp
Reply #85 — Posted 2mth ago
by mtylerjr | King | 23,906 exp
AH, I guess this is the thread where one should ask the "when is the next update?" questions Smiley
2 likes
Reply #86 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus | Employee
Reply #86 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus | Employee
We are still tweaking something so maybe mid February.
2 likes
Reply #87 — Posted 2mth ago
by riaan.mastenbroek@gmail.com | Minor | 340 exp
Reply #87 — Posted 2mth ago
by riaan.mastenbroek@gmail.com | Minor | 340 exp
This is FANTASTIC, best news I have heard all year long...be assured of my commitment to continue development on your platform!!!! Dancing Clapping Cheesy
Reply #88 — Posted 2mth ago
by Bauland | Senior | 4,916 exp
Reply #88 — Posted 2mth ago
by Bauland | Senior | 4,916 exp
I've received my FEZ Panda III this morning, and running an app with some blinking led !!!
TinyClr seems easy to use.

Just a note to GHI: in pin assembly, I'm looking for PE14 pin for blue led, and it takes some time to discover that PE14 (from schematic) is called LED1 in assembly. Is it possible to change assembly accordingly to schema (or change schema to assembly !)
1 like
Reply #89 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus | Employee
Reply #89 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus | Employee
@Bauland - FEZ stands for freaken' easy! We do not expect you to open schematics at all, just look at the board itself. The LED, and all other pins, are labeled right on there for you Smiley

Page 9 of 10 out of 96 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.