GasSense is used to detect gasses, from alcohol and Carbon Monoxide to propane and other gasses. The module comes bundled with MQ3, sensitive to alcohol, ethanol and smoke. It is possible to replace MQ3 with any other sensor on the market, as long as the sensor heating element is 5V and it has the same standard pinout.
This module is designed with an on-board transistor to optionally control the sensor’s internal heat element. Through a 100K resistor divider the module returns an analog signal in accordance with the saturation of the air.
- Socket: A
- Size: 32mm x 32mm
- Weight: 9g
- 3.3V Consumption : TBD
- 5V Consumption: TBD
- Includes one Gadgeteer cable
- MQ2: Methane, Butane, LPG, smoke.
- MQ3: Alcohol, Ethanol, smoke. (Included)
- MQ4: Methane, CNG Gas.
- MQ5: Natural gas, LPG.
- MQ6: LPG, butane gas.
- MQ135: Air quality (Benzene, Alcohol, smoke.)
- MQ136: Hydrogen Sulfide gas.
- MQ137: Ammonia.
- MQ138: Benzene, Toluene, Alcohol, Acetone, Propane, Formaldehyde gas, Hydrogen gas.
|Required Socket TypeGadgeteering socket type that is required on the host device||A|
|5V TolerantThis module can tolerate a 5V signal from the Host device.|
|Power ConsumptionConsumption during Active / Idle / Sleep states.||TBD @ 3.3 V, TBD @ 5 V mA|
|DimensionsMeasurements in millimeters.||32 x 32 x 29.3 mm|