GHI's .NET Micro Framework modules, such as EMX and ChipworkX, provide WiFi support through RS9110-N-11-21-01 (compatible with RS9110-N-11-22-04 or RS9110-N-11-22-05) WiFi module. This allows for real "Socket" connection over WiFi for example with EMX module you can open up to 127 TCP/UDP sockets simultaneously with SSL security. This is not a simple WiFi-Serial bridge commonly used on simple embedded systems.
This module from Redpine's Connect-io-n™ family is a complete IEEE 802.11bgn WiFi client device with a standard SPI interface to a host processor or data source. It integrates a MAC, baseband processor, RF transceiver with power amplifier, a frequency reference, an antenna, and all WLAN protocol and configuration functionality in embedded firmware to provide a self-contained 802.11n WLAN solution for a variety of applications.
- Compliant to 802.11b/g and single stream 802.11n
- Does not require any WLAN driver on the host processor
- Includes all the protocol and configuration functions required for WLAN connectivity in open and WPA/WPA2-PSK secure modes of operation
- Host interface through SPI
- Integrated antenna, frequency reference, and low-frequency clock
- Ultra low power operation with power save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility
- Ad-hoc with WEP security is supported.
- Single supply 3.1 to 3.6 V operation
- Certification : Module is based on RS9110-N11-02 which is certified by FCC, IC and CE.
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC to +85ºC
GHI Electronics offers WIFi RS21 Module with UEXT Expansion
to evaluate RS9110-N-11-21-01 module which is compatible with RS9110-N-11-22-04 with the available GHI's .NET Micro Framework Development Systems and ODMs.