FEZ Cerb40 is 100% open source hardware board that combines the FEZ Cerberus' 32-bit 168Mhz processor and core software on a very small circuit board, in a DIP40 format. This board is ideal for low-production run and for easy prototyping. Developers normally start with FEZ Cerberus mainboard for easy plug-and-play and then later use FEZ Cerb40 to live permanently in a product.
Whether using .NET Gadgeteer, .NET Micro Framework or even use native programming, developers will enjoy the benefits from FEZ Cerb40.
- .NET Micro Framework 4.2 (supporting C# and Visual Basic)
- 168Mhz 32bit STM32F4 processor with floating point.
- 1MB FLASH and 192KB RAM.
- Runs FEZ Cerberus software.
- Very compact yet exposing 36IOs.
- Software and hardware support, but not limited to, PWM, AnalogIn, AnalogOut, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB Client, USB Host.
- Ultra small, 2.0 x 0.75 inches.
- Runs off single 3.3V power source.
- Low power and hibernate modes
- Active power consumption TBD
- Idle power consumption TBD
- Hibernate power consumption TBD
- Operating temperature: TBD
- RoHS compliant /Lead-free compliant
This product is for users with hardware and soldering experience. Software developers can use FEZ Cerberus.
Details on using FEZ Cerb40 are found on this page. This page also lists the current firmware state, not all features are implemented yet.
|Processor||168 Mhz 32-bit Cortex-M4|
|Development LibrarySDK libraries used for application development||OSHW|
|User Available FlashTotal Flash memory available for user applications||300 KB|
|User Available RAMTotal RAM memory available for user applications||112 KB|
|GPIOGeneral Purpose Input/Output||34|
|UARTUniversal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter||2|
|SPISerial Peripheral Interface||1|
|Networking||Ethernet without SSL|
|CANController Area Network||1|
|Real Time Clock||YesA crystal is needed.|
|Supported Image Type||BMP|
|Memory CardsIncludes 4-bit Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) and Multi-Media Card (MMC) support.||Yes|
|Operating Temp.||-20 to +70°C|
|DimensionsMeasurements in millimeters.||18.6 x 52.4 x 5.7|
|RLPLibrary functions that provide ability to add native C/Assembly code to .Net Micro Framework applications.||RLPLite|