FEZ Cerberus Mainboard is a 100% open source hardware .NET Gadgeteer-compatible mainboard with 168Mhz 32bit Cortex M4 processor with floating point, 1MB FLASH and 192KB RAM. This tiny mainboard has plenty of peripherals exposed on 8 sockets. A perfect match for robotics, quadcopters and cloud-sensor-monitoring. The 112KBytes of heap memory offers plenty of memory needed for about any network or internet connected application.
- 8 .NET Gadgeteer compatible sockets that include these types: X, Y, A, C, D, F, H, I, K, O, P, S, U and Z.
- Configurable on-board LED.
- Software/Hardware features includes but not limited to:
- .NET Micro Framework 4.2 (supporting C# and Visual Basic)
- 168Mhz 32bit processor with floating point
- 1MB FLASH, over 300K for user's code
- 192KB RAM, 112KB for user's heap
- Full TCP/IP Stack with HTTP, TCP, UDP, DHCP
- Ethernet support with Ethernet ENC28 module.
- USB host (not supported at this time)
- USB Device
- 2 UART
- CAN (preliminary managed drivers only)
- 9 Analog Inputs.
- 2 Analog Output
- 4-bit SD/MMC Memory card interface
- 6 PWM
- OneWire interface
- Built-in Real Time Clock (Needs 32Khz crystal)
- RLPLite allowing users to load native code (C/Assembly) for real-time requirements.
- FAT File System
- Dimensions: W 2.25" x L 1.85"
- Requires .NET Gadgeteer standard red power modules.
- Active power consumption TBA
- Idle power consumption TBA
- Operating temperature: -20 to 70°C
- RoHS compliant /Lead-free compliant
For more information about .NET Gadgeteer visit:
Design sources and porting info are found on this page.
|Processor||168 Mhz 32-bit Cortex-M4STM32F405VG|
|Core System HardwareThe primary hardware system that supports the mainboard||Cerberus Chipset|
|System PlatformPrimary system that processes user programs||.Net Micro Framework|
|Development LibrarySDK libraries used for application development||OSHWOpen Source Hardware|
|User Available FlashTotal Flash memory available for user applications||384 KB|
|User Available RAMTotal RAM memory available for user applications||119 KB Non Ethernet104 KB EthernetThe Cerb-Family has two firmware versions depending on need.|
|GPIOGeneral Purpose Input/Output||44|
|UARTUniversal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter||2|
|SPISerial Peripheral Interface||Yes|
|Networking||Ethernet TCP/IP, WiFi, and SSL|
|CANController Area Network||Yes (Preliminary managed drivers only)|
|USB Client||Debugging Only|
|USB Host||Currently Unimplemented|
|Real Time Clock||Yes32 kHz crystal required|
|Native LCD ControllerSystem has native LCD TFT (RGB) controller||NoGraphics through SPI N18 device|
|Supported Image Type||BMP|
|Memory CardsIncludes 4-bit Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) and Multi-Media Card (MMC) support.||Yes|
|File SystemFile allocation Read/Write format||FAT16/FAT32|
|Operating Temp.||0 to 70°C|
|DimensionsMeasurements in millimeters.||57 x 47 x 7.2 mm|
|RLPLibrary functions that provide ability to add native C/Assembly code to .Net Micro Framework applications.||RLPLite|
|RLP RAM SizeThe maximum size of the complete native code that can be executed||8 KB Non-Ethernet12 KB EthernetThe Cerb-Family has two firmware versions depending on need.|
|Gadgeteering Socket CountNumber of Gadgeteering Sockets(expandable with hub)||8|
|Gadgeteering Socket TypeSupported socket types||X (x3)Y (x3)A (x3)CDFHI (x2)KOP (x4)S (x2)U (x2)Z|